Wednesday, March 30, 2011

to get anywhere, you must take the first step.

This year has been a big change for me, not just as in 2011 but since August 2010.  I come from a small town called Rogers City where I graduated with 63 classmates including myself and a high school population of 215 and moved down to Grand Ledge which is much bigger than where I'm from to attend Lansing Community College.  Never thought I'd be one to leave the town so soon.  Do I like my new life? Kind of.  Even though I have my brother for anything, it's not the same as having your friends right there to go to everyday.  Before I moved, I would be with friends everyday doing whatever was on our minds.  After I moved, I've become a hermit.  Not saying that I haven't gone out and hung out with friends, because I have, I just don't as much anymore unless I'm back home, 'Up North' as we call it, that's where I feel back at ease.  I have made friends down here but it's just not the same to me.  I will though say things I've learned since I've moved, how to work a distance relationship, people change and sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it, life goes on and it's not worth it to fret on past and life isn't going to be as easy as you think.  Coming here I had in my mind that I was going to take photography as my minor but I've come to learn that it's not quite how I had it planned.  I've changed my mind as to whereas I would like to transfer to, what my major is going to be, and pretty much what I want to do with my life.  I always think I got it figured out, but in reality, I don't think I do.  Everyday that passes by, I just think of it as one day closer to summer where I will be back home to my mom and dad, my boyfriend, and my best friends.  Even though it will only be a temporary stay, but 3 months is better than a 3 day weekend.  The only part I dread is the leaving.  Anytime I have to leave, it's never easy.  There's never enough time in a day which shortens the visits and makes them go by too fast.  But I try to think positive and think about, 'it could be worse.'  I'll be back and so will they.

That's enough about me.  When I write to this blog, each time, I'm going to post a picture or a quote of any sort of how I'm feeling that day or what it reminds me of, etc.  Enjoy :)

 This is my parents and I at my graduation.  A big day for me for one of my biggest achievements in life.
 Cheyenne (right) & Paige, two of my bestfriends that I miss dearly.
 Family: Pattie, Liz and I.  The best cousins/best friends/sisters by choice I could ask for. Always been there for me when I needed someone most. I love them :)
 My bestfriend, my kevin, my paul, the cheese to my mac, everything.  She went UP and I went DOWN.  If we couldn't get any farther apart with our college choices, we did.  Even with out distance, we still keep strong, we may not talk as much but everytime we do, it's like we never stopped.  I think that's what truly makes this friendship real.
Last, but not least.  The boy in my life who makes me happiest.  I may have days where it seems things are all over the place, but in the end, I know he's always going to be there.  I love you richard william. <3

These are just some of the few people that I'm very thankful to have in my life and wouldn't trade them for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment